Just a few things on my mind as I’m (slowly) grading stuff online…
- Getting my fiction or poetry published is going to be even harder than I already imagined.
- As I’m reading Rainn Wilson’s autobiography, I am understanding how much dedication to one’s goals is necessary for success.
- Climate change is happening, and we’re really damaging the lives of future generations by bickering about it.
- Misinformation is rampant and destroying original thought and even stifling some from seeking truth.
- Our children are growing up way too fast for my wife and me.
- Observing nature–especially harmless, undomesticated little guys like bunnies–can be a tremendous escape from grading (or whatever it is you do to keep the lights on.)
- I should have started most mornings by adding something to this blog if, for no other reason, so I can say that wrote something each day.
- Perhaps this is day 1 of the idea in #7.
- The new collaborative album TINY CHANGES, which includes cover tracks by many amazing musicians of Frightened Rabbit’s 2008 THE MIDNIGHT ORGAN FIGHT, is officially my Album Selection of Summer 2019.
- THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY (Netflix series) is really well done, and everyone in my household is excited for Season 2!