1. Colin Kaepernick should have a job playing for an NFL team.
2. As of this writing, he doesn’t, but the debate lies in why no team had employed him.
3. Kneeling during the nation anthem is among the most peaceful acts of protest a human can complete.
4. When I watch a televised game at home, at a restaurant, at a bar, or at an.individual’s residence, no one in my observation has ever made a point to stand if the anthem is played.
5. At every professional game I’ve attended, most of the fans in they assigned seats stand. Some sing along. Many remove their hats. Those attendees not in their seats, however, have never stopped in their tracks during the playing/singing of the anthem.
6. I’ve never seen a concession stand worker pause during a sale during the anthem.
7. I’ve never noticed the employees at the entrances halt their ticket scanning during the anthem.
8. I doubt that everyone who works for the radio and television broadcasts stops what they’re are doing either.
The athletes who are on the field are paid members of an entertainment sport. They have a tremendous platform and have taken the opportunity to use that exposure to bring attention to a severely important issue.